Monday, August 10, 2009

still and always Animo La Salle

It's the time of year when the Green Archers face THE (yes, kelangan daw may 'the') Ateneo. As expected, it was a great game. Always a classic. Emotions are soaring high for the players, the students and the alums. I am an alum of the green side and I am so damn proud of it. Win or lose, I'd rather be green than be blue. I am so damn happy but at the same time sad that the rookies and the sophomores carried the team on their shoulders. The veterans were a no show.

Kudos to Joshua "spider" Webb for a stellar game. He was ON! Almost perfect shooting for the sophomore but what was so spectacular was how he drove to the basket. He practically weaved his way thru the blue men and came victorious--bucket after bucket for the green archers. This kid has heart. I love that he brings so much energy to every game!

Now, we can't over look Arvie Bringas. A rookie playing like a veteran. Along with Joshua, they carried the team to a very close fight. Many thought this would be a blow out game by THE Ateneo, I'm sorry that didn't happen. They under estimated the hearts of the Archers. And Arvie Bringas has heart. I'm not saying the rest of the team don't, they do, but Arvie was fearless. You feel he wants this so bad even if you're just watching from tv. And that's the best feeling a supporter/alum/student would want to feel. I just know he will do wonders for the team. And I love him for that.

Boys not be forgotten as well are Jovet Mendoza and Yutien Andrada. Their defense were stellar. Rabeh was in utter surprise when he got blocked, twice! You go, boys! You proved them all wrong!

There's nothing like being a part of the green side because there is so much pride. School pride. Many said that we were one of the weaker teams, so what? We beat UST, a strong team. Now, we are tied with them. Our team has gone a long way and it's only the first round. The boys will still improve...I can't wait for second round!

So THE Ateneno won yesterday. Well, they better. They are THE number one team after all. They have seasoned players so they should know better. But our boys gave them hell. Who would've thought this would be a close game??? Who would've thought a "weak" team could force an OT against THE defending champ??? We gave them a run for their money...

See you second round!

Still and always, Animo La Salle! >>--->

No comments:

Post a Comment